Planning Meeting - February 15, 2010
From Workshop 88
 Opening Remarks
All Feb dues have been collected with the exception of a few supporting members... you know who you are ;)
 Balloon competition
- 7 hackerspaces signed up for the competition, 1 more possible competitor. (plus one signed up during the meeting!).
- Contact will be made tonight with various hackersites (lifehacker, make, bb, etc) with further contact info in an attempt to get more takers.
- Press release to follow (via marketing).
- Create a possible how to make a press release page on the blog/wiki?
- Russ will lead the retrevial team for the balloon team.
- We will start collecting materials for the balloon shortly, probably the focus of the next Hack-a-thon.
- We need to make a trophy for the competition. (Reigning champaion has to make trophy for the next year?).
- Hackers local 256 (Alabama) has requested that we use the balloon challenge as part of their hackerspace award's dealie.
 Location Search
- Check online for maps with zoning overlay for where to search for potential spaces in Naperville & nearby cities.
- Search terms to use to look for spaces: "incubation", "economic development comittees", "enterprise zone wearhousing" when looking for the kind of zoning and cheap space we want.
- Found various 6 mo. office space leases, will be considered as a temporary option.
- Jay is taking a walk-through for a location this Thursday at 10:30 AM.
- Everyone! Find more locations! Call real-estate agents and schedule walk throughs!
- We should make a wish list for our location online, and a spreadsheet for the various costs of these wishes as per location.
- 2 places to check about: near post-office on Ogden, next door to Los Burritos Tipicos(sp?) and near the Popeye's in Lisle, where the skate shack is located.
- By unanimous vote: Ally is now head of Marketing and Fredo is head of Media.
- Location: Jimmy's Pub Feb. 23rd at 8pm, 8:30 (is open mic night).
- Place flyers at local technofile locations (comic book stores, science and surplus, the shack, etc.)
- We should get flyers up at and around NCC, (jay and russ) COD (chris, fredo, ally), JJC (kevin), BU (adam), Wabonsie, Fermi?.
- Bring projects to the event if they are small and cool..
 Next Hack-a-Thon
- Start planning for the next hack-a-thon, we will need to start planning the balloon for the next hack-a-thon.
- Make it on a Sunday, to make it more accessible.
- Have a planned event, or else people won't show up.
 Old business
 New business
- Ally will screen up some t-shirts, I will get her the start up capital and we will make a purchase option available online via the same amazon payments system. Cost will be 15$, and the more we buy, the more we fund ourselves, so buy two! (or three).